Compensation: $83,860.00 - $133,200.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
This candidate will be troubleshooting mechanical equipment relating to pressure valves, temperature valves, process piping, motors, gauges gears, etc. This is a hands on mechanical role, but you will not be performing the actual maintenance/repair of the equipment. This candidate will
retrieve process samples and take them to the lab to be tested. This candidate will assist in problem solving and would also recommend preventative maintenance to the third party contractor.
- Monitor and operate plant using the computer process control system (MOD).
- Make adjustments and/or changes to the process, both inside and outside of the control room. Operation of the plant is mainly based on computer based operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and correct process problems.
- Monitor and accurately record system parameters using various computer based systems.
- Thoroughly document shift activities in a computer-based operating logbook.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify problems, develop relevant facts, formulate alternative solutions, decide on appropriate conclusions and implement corrective actions.
- Use ingenuity and applied knowledge to recommend changes which could result in improved productivity, safety and environmental performance.
- Perform process sample, analytical testing.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance using the RTMS computer and field work.
- Effectively communicate to all members of the team, as appropriate.
- Participate in the plant safety programs up to and including teaching monthly safety topics, as well as participate in training modules on the computer.
- Understand and apply all environmental, health, and safety regulations and policies.
- Develop and improve operating procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate will have a college degree (Associate's or Bachelor's) relating to a mechanical field
- A candidate with an electrical background would be considered, but the candidate would need to be have an interest in the mechanical side of things
- Proven Mechanical aptitude (used to work on equipment growing up or has held a hands on mechanical position in the past)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. up and down stairs (there are no elevators and the candidate may go up and down 5 flights of stairs at once)
- Ability to work in hot environments - on the 3rd floor temperatures can reach 120 degrees due to the equipment.
Hours: 12 hours shift / rotating every 4 weeks between days and night shift. Shift is 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am.
2 days on -> 2 days off
3 days on -> 2 days off
2 days on -> 3 days off
Compensation: Pay range is $20/hr - $24/hr depending on level of experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...