Program Volunteer Specialist
Alzheimer's Association in Lincoln, NE
- Industry: Nonprofit - Volunteer Management
- Type: Full Time
The Alzheimer?s Association is the world?s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer?s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer?s disease and all other dementias through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Alzheimer?s Association has been recognized as a top nonprofit to work for by The NonProfit Times ten years in a row.
The Program Volunteer Specialist will oversee all volunteer service delivery in the areas of education and support. This position manages the care and support services to include volunteer recruitment, training, placement and supervision for education classes, caregiver support groups and early stage engagement programs.
* Oversee volunteer-delivered education programs, including recruitment, training and retention of community educators and support group facilitators. Work collaboratively with Director of Programs to maximize volunteer contributions to the Association, especially among minority, high risk and underserved populations.
* Manage and continue to grow the Support Group and Community Educator Programs including 1) recruiting volunteers that meet Alzheimer?s Association requirements, 2) coordinating and delivering volunteer trainings and ensuring they are up-to-date with national best practices standards, 3) providing volunteers ongoing support through monthly emails, consultation as needed, and annual check-ins, 5) working with volunteers to ensure accurate data collection, 6) establish new groups and trainings, as needed.
* Facilitate coordination with Helpline to provide information/referrals and care consultation services to individuals with any stage of dementia and their professional and family care partners.
* Develop new, sustainable community partnerships that advance the chapter mission, expand program reach and increase program delivery as per Strategic Plan goals.
* Build strategic partnerships with community organizations, academic, public and private sector to advance the chapter mission and serve more clients across the territory.
* Analyze service data to identify gaps in service program delivery territory and create new opportunities to expand programming and recruit new volunteers.
* Represent the Alzheimer?s Association at community-wide meetings and on relevant initiatives.
* Support the fundraising events throughout the region.
* Help facilitate physician outreach and referrals process and data capture across assigned territory.
* A Bachelor?s degree in human services, education, communications, public health or related field.
* A minimum of two years of experience coordinating program activities and working with volunteers (volunteer management, recruitment and retention).
* Skill in communicating to different constituents, professionals, families and the community
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work independently, self-start and take initiative
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends (as needed)
Associated topics: coach, recruit, train, volunteer, volunteer coordinator, volunteer management, volunteer manager, volunteer orientation
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!