Compensation: $64,380.00 - $174,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Nebraska - Omaha
Job Title: Research Scientist
Expertise in language learning and developmentCity, State:
Center for Childhood Deafness, Language & LearningJob Summary:
- Scientists at Boys Town National Research Hospital are full-time researchers with no teaching or administrative responsibilities and reasonable service commitments.
- Senior scientists aim for 50% salary support on external grants.
- Via participation in the Center for Perception and Communication in Children (CPCC) funded by a Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) grant, junior scientists are provided with extensive mentoring and three years of full support to enable them to reach this goal.
- All scientists will have access to new, state-of-the art laboratory facilities, generous start-up funds, and extensive supports for grant management, IT, participant recruitment, and clinical measurement.
- Scientists at Boys Town National Research Hospital have the advantage of working alongside an outstanding, internationally recognized group of colleagues.
- In addition to clinicians and scientists in the CCDLL, collaborations are possible with faculty in the Centers for Neurobehavioral Research, Sensory Neuroscience Research, Audiological and Vestibular Services, and Hearing Research.
- Our intellectual community also includes colleagues at the University of Nebraska-Omaha, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Creighton University and the Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Our participation in the Great Plains IDeA-Clinical & Translational Research Center provides training opportunities, partnerships, and resources for scientists who wish to translate science into better health outcomes.
- Work that fits this focus could involve examination of differences between learners with varying diagnoses; determination of the influences of intervention as well as family, academic, and social environments on language outcomes; comparison of developmental processes that support language learning during infancy, childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood; and investigation of brain adaptability and neurologic pathways that support language learning and development.
- We are assembling a faculty that can offer a unique perspective on such issues, one that is informed by a commitment to understanding and ameliorating the effects of childhood disabilities on language learning and development.
- Our vision is to grow the CCDLL into a program with tightly integrated research and clinical arms that work synergistically on issues of language learning and development.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
- Ph.D. as well as post-doctoral studies or experience in Speech-Language Pathology, Cognitive Science, Developmental Psychology or a related field, and a record that demonstrates a highly productive and excellent translational research program.
- Expertise in pediatric clinical populations and treatment research is of particular interest, but not required.
Since the opening of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, the hospital has been internationally recognized as a leader in clinical and research programs focusing on childhood deafness, visual impairment and related communication disorders. The hospital annually serves more than 44,000 children and families from across the United States. With 28 research labs and $7.1 million annually in extramural funding, the Boys Town National Research Hospital is dedicated to providing leading edge clinical care, pioneering translational research, and improving the lives of children and their families through applied technology and educational outreach programs.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.Date Posted:
February 4, 2020Job ID
: 15106This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-###-####.
Associated topics: aseptic technique, biomedical, biopharma, clinical, immuno oncology, patient, pharmacology, physiology, protein, virus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...