OB Surgical Technician - PRN - Resource Team
Compensation: $62,210.00 - $80,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > LAKESIDE
Extra Pay Incentives for PRN Resources Team.
Experience is preferred for PRN Resource.
Must be able to work varying days of the week, rotating day shift and night shift.
Hours are 6:30am-7:00pm or 6:30pm-7:00am.
Minimum 36 hour requirement for every 6 weeks with 24 of those hours on the weekend .
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
* Assists in the admission, discharge, and transfer process as directed by the RN. Takes patient age, physical abilities, and/or developmental needs into account when communicating patient needs.
* Sets up tables, instruments, and supplies required for cesarean sections, vaginal deliveries, and circumcisions. Maintains sterile technique.
* Responds to patient calls, anticipates patient needs, and assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance and other appropriate safety measures. Bases care on patients' age, physical abilities, and/or developmental needs into account when communicating patient needs.
* Maintains appropriate stock and equipment inventories in the department and patient rooms and appropriately charges/credits them.
* Assists in the preparation and draping of patient and operative area. Prepares, passes, and maintains a correct count of instruments, sutures, sponges, and supplies utilized during the operative procedure.
* Maintains surgical instruments by insuring proper washing, packaging, sterilization, and storage on unit.
* Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in unit meetings, inservice programs, continuing education, programs and fulfills yearly requirements as stated by policy. Assists in the orientation of new staff and participates in unit Quality Improvement activities.
* Complies with internal and external regulations, policies, and procedures. Participates in achieving nursing division goals and supports the Shared Governance structure.
EDUCATION AND/OR LICENSURE:
Required: BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Preferred: High School Graduate or Equivalent. Completion of Surgical Tech Program or Nurse Assistant training, or Current Student in Nursing School program, or equivalent experience.
Preferred: Six months previous experience in OR/L&D.
OR Six months experience in an acute care hospital or skilled care facility in the acute care area.
Knowledge of instruments and their use; instrument sterilization techniques. Ability to take vital signs of mother and fetal heart tones. Ability to provide comfort to patient. Good oral and written communications skills. Job requires continuous reading skills, verbal communication skills, and written communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
* Requisition ID: 2020-R
* Schedule: Per Diem
* Shift: On Call
* Market: CHI Health
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...