RN- Surgical Access Center
Compensation: $62,210.00 - $80,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 64
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > SERVICE CENTER-NORTH BLDG
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
This position contributes to the mission and vision of CHI Health by providing direct and indirect nursing care to a designated group of patients across the age continuum. Provides services which encompass the spiritual, physiological, social, and psychological aspects of care of the sick, prevention of disease, or conservation of health.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Performs duties according to department specific expectations.
2. Identify the care and resources required for accessing hospital services for surgical, procedural, non-invasive diagnostic, invasive diagnostic, admitted, and clinical procedure patients.
3. Utilizes knowledge of the resourcdes required for scheduling hospital services for surgical, scheduled procedural, non-invasive diagnostic, invasive diagnostic, clinical procedure and admitted patients.
4. Evaluates the appropriateness of levels of care, diagnostic testing and clinical procedures.
5. Provides timely, accurate and complete medical record documentation and data collection initiating the electronic medical record and patient assessment clinical documentation.
6. Facilitates the initiation of anesthesia orders.
7. Establishes positive working relationships with physicians and their office staff with a focus on customer service and ease of access to hospital services.
8. Applies knowledge of on line scheduling programs, nursing documentation programs, communication programs and online data retrieval.
9. Collects clinical history and evaluates existing diagnostic findings to initiate clinical protocols for additional diagnostic testing by interviewing the patient or care giver.
10. Provides patient information, preparation and education for impending surgery, tests, procedures, admissions through the patient interview. Identifies patient/care giver learning needs and initiates and provides for age appropriate education.
11. Effectively functions as a liaison for patients, families, physicians, office staff and the patient care team. Promptly investigates and resolves problems or concerns, or refers them to a higher authority.
12. Exercises professional nursing judgment. Maintains a professional attitude with patients, visitors, physicians, office staff and hospital personnel. Assures confidentiality of patient and hospital information.
13. Maintains and promotes a professional attitude by providing support and assisting co-workers and other team members. Assists in the orientation of new staff.
14. Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
15. Demonstrates an appropriate level of understanding, awareness, and compliance with applicable Joint Commission, Federal, State and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards.
16. Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
17. Must have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program
* Experience as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
* Requisition ID: 2020-R0273686
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Market: CHI Health
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychatric, surgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...