Undergraduate - Business Communications Instructor
Concordia University, Nebraska
Education - Post Secondary
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Concordia University is accepting applications for instructors to teach classes in the area of business communications offered at our Seward, NE campus.
Position Description: This position will instruct learners in the undergraduate business program.
* In collaboration with the program director, maintain the integrity of the curriculum.
* Facilitate the course content in accordance with the stated objectives.
* Maintain high standards of excellence in face to face formats.
* Serve as a role model for students in professional interactions.
* Facilitate individual and group learning goals.
* Moderate small group sessions.
* Demonstrate competency of theoretical knowledge in area(s) of expertise.
* Use appropriate teaching models to enhance student learning.
* Assess, evaluate, and monitor student progress.
* Provide timely feedback to students.
* Record and maintain accurate class records.
* Participate in course content meetings.
* Provide the program director with on-going data related to student performance.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with practicing professionals.
Master's degree or higher in business-related field is required, with preference for:
* A candidate who has earned a PhD in a business-related field, or an out-of-field doctorate with a sufficient combination of graduate course work in the area of business communications, professional experience, scholarly achievements, and extensive and substantial documented successful teaching experience at the college level in the area of business communications; or
* A PhD candidate (ABD) with a major, minor, or concentration in the area of business communications; or
* A candidate who has earned a master's degree in a business-related field and professional certification (e.g. C.P.A, C.C.P., C.M.A, P.H.R., etc.) appropriate to the area of business communications;
* A candidate who has earned a master's degree in a business-related field, and has five or more years of professional and management experience in work directly related to the area of business communications, and has extensive and substantial documented successful teaching experience in the area of business communications, and has demonstrated involvement in meaningful research or programs for the enhancement of pedagogical (or andragogical) skills;
* A candidate who has earned a master's degree in a business-related field, and has completed a special post-graduate training program designed to improve the faculty member's knowledge and teaching skills in the area of the business communications.
* Ability to establish working relationships with students, peers, faculty members, the administrative team and the community.
* Experience or interest in undergraduate education.
Note that preference may be given to members of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
To apply, please:
* complete an application,
* attach your curriculum vitae/resume,
* attach a statement of your educational philosophy, and
* attach copies of your graduate academic transcripts where degrees have been received. Upon hire, official graduate transcripts will be required.
Associated topics: business, college of finance, college of law, econometrics, economy, finance, law, marketing, school of finance, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.