Actuarial Director - Long Term Care (Grand Island)
Compensation: $96,380.00 - $162,940.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated actuarial leader to head the Long-Term Care modeling and valuation team. This team has responsibility for modeling, valuation and financial reporting and analysis efforts for Mutual of Omaha s established and growing block of Long-Term Care business.
Mutual of Omaha is an industry leading writer of Long-Term Care, so this is a high visibility role with great exposure to senior leadership. As such, effective communication and collaboration are essential, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, staffs, directs and controls team activities, including all personnel management functions for assigned staff.
- Trains and develops staff, including both experienced actuaries as well as actuarial students.
- Develops modeling, valuation and assumption strategies and initiatives including:
- Oversees development of Long-Term Care Valuation and Projection models;
- Assesses experience and recommends assumptions used in models, reserve calculations and other analysis;
- Stays informed on relevant modeling, valuation and risk assessment practices;
- Peer reviews actuarial work of others as needed; and
- Supports enterprise modeling and platform initiatives, specific to the Long -Term Care product line.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, regulations and other relevant topics related to Long-Term Care products and financial reporting.
- Owns, directs and continually improves processes and analysis of routinely report results. Communicates results and trends effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborates across functions on assumption development strategies, product profitability and strategic direction for the Long-Term Care book.
- Works with internal and cross functional stakeholders to improve processes, analysis and product understanding in the most efficient manner.
- Partners with Pricing, Claims, and Financial Planning associates to understand and explain emerging trends and form recommendations regarding product management actions.
- Assists in the formation and execution of enterprise-wide initiatives to optimize Mutual of Omaha's risk/return position, including operational and strategic goals.
- Provides risk monitoring of Company risk tolerances and checkpoints. Provides risk analysis for various Risk Committees as warranted. Develops recommendations for changes as necessary.
- Supports other enterprise risk initiatives including model risk management and assumption governance best practices.
- Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA), plus relevant experience.
- Ability to incorporate actuarial expertise with the creativity necessary to identify opportunities to either lower risk (with no loss of return) or increase return (with no increase in risk).
- Knowledge of insurance products and investments, banking products and asset characteristics, and stochastic modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable valuation techniques and requirements.
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate risk concerns.
- Leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-###-####.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-###-####. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: actuarial analyst, actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant, assistant actuary, associate actuary, cost, director actuary, life actuary, mathmatics, model
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...