Database Administrator (DB2 DBA)
Compensation: $82,280.00 - $121,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Mutual of Omaha's Database Administrators represent a crucial part of our teams. Focused on effectively executing processes such as tactical and strategic planning and architecture planning, installation, configuration management, utilization, capacity management, vendor, and customer relationship management and problem resolution.. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
It s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
- Database Implementation and Design - design and implement development and production databases for maximal performance, scalability, flexibility, and reliability. Install and maintain DBMS software including patches, fixes and version upgrades. Work closely with developers to create and maintain schema objects, design and debug triggers, stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning -monitor and maintain maximum performance of databases. Identify poorly performing queries and work with development teams to tune accordingly. Monitor database logs for hardware, memory or disk space/ capacity issues and take appropriate action. Implement database parameter and configuration changes for optimal performance with the host operating system. Insure the database environment remains in compliance with our vendor license agreements.
- Availability, Backup and Recovery - design and implement processes and procedures to reduce and eliminate database outages and downtime. Implement data backup and recovery procedures to prevent the loss of data from all types of failure. Document, plan and test Disaster Recovery procedures.
- User and Data Security - design, implement and maintain database security strategies that provide the appropriate level of security for users and applications.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Vendor Management - Works with vendors to resolve problems and escalate resolution within the management chain when necessary. Participates in contract negotiations and reviews and in the Vendor Report Card process. Provides feedback to vendors on desired product direction.
- Operational Excellence - Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
This job posting is reflective of the Database Administrator essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Senior Database Administrator level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Experience writing SQL and programming
- Database and SQL performance tuning
- Knowledge of database physical and logical design principals
- Able to manage and deploy application database modifications
- Able to provide 24x7 on-call support within a team rotation
- 1-2 years experience with IBM DB2 z/OS
- 1-2 years experience with any of the following operating systems: z/OS, AIX, Linux, Windows
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize.
- Ability to solve problems.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial products and services with millions of customers nationally. Our stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. You ll do meaningful work and your talents will positively impact peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is unique, creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to be engaged feel a sense of belonging and contribute to the company s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-###-####. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: data analyst, data center, data integration, data integrity, data management, data quality, data scientist, etl, erp, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...