We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson Senior Assessment Specialists use their subject matter expertise to thoughtfully engage students in real world assessment of content.
● Develop and review content-specific test items and stimuli, including multiple choice, technology enhanced, extended response, cluster sets, performance-based tasks, and simulations across multiple grade levels for large-scale assessment
● Generate and implement asset specifications, item development plans, test blueprints, test designs, and other ancillary documents
● Develop items and assessments based on accessibility considerations
● Select, assign, manage, and train item/passage writers and educators to develop items based on standards, cognitive complexity, and item development best practices
● Facilitate and support customer meetings and provide content and assessment expertise
● Facilitate committee/client meetings related to asset and data review, test construction, and review of composed test forms
● Participate in committee/client meetings related to achievement-level descriptors, standard setting, and technical advisory committees
● Convey assessment information to customers (e.g., review and judge assets, asset quality, content standards, content limits, and constructed tests in order to achieve assessment goals)
● Contribute to proposal solutions through drafting test designs and authoring text
● Lead teams of Assessment Specialists in the design and implementation of high-stakes assessment programs
● Work closely with test development managers, other content developers, psychometricians, and other Pearson groups
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Some travel required
● Bachelor's degree in science field, education, similar content-specific area or equivalent degree required
● At least five years’ experience as an elementary or secondary teacher in the field of content-specific area required
● Professional knowledge of science content-specific area required
● Outstanding oral and written communication skills
● At least three years’ experience in large-scale educational measurement
● Experience leading assessment programs
● General knowledge of all phases of the development, processing, scoring, and reporting of large-scale assessments
● Skill in identifying problems and providing solutions to a variety of audiences required
● Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities and adapt to unexpected events required
● Skill in evaluating and providing input on project schedules and process documents required
● Broad knowledge of common software programs, strong technology skills, and the confidence necessary to work with unfamiliar programs required
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Launch your career - Create your profile now! Loading some great jobs for you...
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...