TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and \"a great place to work!\" Position Overview
Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers both in-person and by phone. Starts the selling season through telemarketing and then transitions to outside sales during the peak selling season. Travels to residential areas and walks outside to make sales door-to-door.Responsibilities
1. Performs inside sales or telemarketing from the branch office during training and then occasionally over the course of the cyclical selling season based upon business needs and weather conditions. Transitions to perform outside sales door-to-door requiring travel to residential areas by personal vehicle.
2. Sells residential lawn care services, including weed control, fertilization, and insect control, as well as specialized services, tailored to the needs of customers, to achieve weekly sales goals.
3. Generates additional sales revenue by cross-selling and up-selling to current customers.
4. Compiles lists of potential customers for use as sales leads based on information from
direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
5. Identifies target geographic area for sales on a weekly basis.
6. Prepares and develops an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections.
7. Contacts potential customers to explain type and value of services or products.
8. Quotes prices, negotiates with customer, and closes the sale.
9. Collects customer contact information for every sale.
10. Estimates date of service for customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
11. Prepares and maintains accurate sales reports.Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma/GED required
Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a clean driving record defined as no DUI-related violations within the past five years and no more than three moving violations within the past three years, are required
Certification as required by federal, state or local lawKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Consultative sales skills and abilities by phone and in-person
Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, closing sales)
Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
Ability to build customer relationships and provide customer service
Verbal and written communication skills
Data entry skills with a computer and/or a mobile device
Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel locally on an extensive basis
Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendancePhysical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Regularly required to:
Sit, stand and walk
Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
Speak and hear
Use close vision abilitiesOccasionally required to:
Lift or move up to 25 lbs
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Noise level
o Low to moderateAdverse Conditions
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser:
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.
Associated topics: agente de servicio al cliente, call center specialist, customer service, intern, internship, phone, platform support, product support, system support, tsr